I came across this great news source last night that I thought I would share with you'all:
Findory
The beauty of the site is that it taylors the headlines that appear based on the type of news links that you've clicked in the past. For example, do you always click on news with the title "seattle", then news with "Seattle" in the title will show up at the top.
Friday, March 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi, Dustin. Glad to hear you're enjoying Findory!
I saw your comment and thought I'd chime in. Findory's personalization is broader than keyword matches (e.g. matching on "Seattle"), and it's fun to talk about the details of how it works.
Findory is a community of readers. You probably have a few helpful friends who send you interesting news articles sometimes? That's great, but it takes a lot of work. Now let's say those friends were found automatically for you, no effort. And all the friends constantly recommended articles back and forth to each other. That's how Findory works!
So, if you read an article on Seattle, Findory will show you other articles that might interest you, definitely some articles on Seattle, but also articles on broader topics discovered by other people who share your interests.
Fun stuff, isn't it?
Thanks for adding some detail. I kind of assumed there was more nuance than I was describing, but still it would be fun to have a place where more of the details are filled in. It seems like such an interesting way to get my news that I'm surprised that google isn't using a version of this technology on their news site. This is definitely a case where it seems like you're one step ahead of them!
I can't help but wonder, though, what is your business model? I'm yet to see how findory is making to keep up servers, pay programmers, etc…
Post a Comment