Friday, May 27, 2005

Blogger Stealing My Content on MSN Spaces

I just noticed that a spam site has been copying ALL of the posts from one of my blogs (www.raincityguide.com) onto a new blog using MSN Spaces. When I contacted Microsoft to ask them to remove the spam blog, they say that I'll have to file a copyright infringement claim in order to get the specific postings removed...

I really don't want to link to the site (why add to their popularity?), but you can find it by running a technorati search of my blog (the offending site is called "Seattle Real Estate"):
Technorati: Search for http://www.raincityguide.com

Does anyone have any experience with all their content being stolen by another blog? Of course, I could always hire a lawyer, but I'm looking for a much cheaper (free!) solution. Any ideas would sure be appreciated!

1 comment:

Dustin Luther said...

My post got picked up over at "Inside Microsoft" so I've been making comments over there:
http://microsoft.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2005/05/29/msn-spaces-stealing-other-blogs/

(I also changed my title to be less sensational).