I did a comparable market analysis of homes in Ballard last night for a property on NW 63rd St. And to test the power of hacking Google Maps, I'd be curious to know if you can see the seven pointers ploted on this map:
Google Maps - Homes in Ballard
If you don't mind, let me know if you can see the map, and what browser you are using (i.e., firefox, etc.).
Update 1: I added a photo to the "subject house". Can you see this?
Update 2: I just tried in in I.E., and it doesn't work. But it does work with Firefox
Friday, April 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your example should work in IE with the new version of the Google Maps standalone viewer.
The image did not display correctly for me in Firefox until I had viewed it directly--does Blogger prevent off-site linking?
The new version of the viewer also uses the latest version of the Google Maps code which removes the width restriction for the "pop-up", but this means you now need to specify a width explictly.
If you have any feature suggestions I'm happy to listen. (No promises on implementation timeframe though... :-) )
--Phil.
I think the work you are doing is great! I'm really enjoying the ability to post things on Google Maps.
In the grand scheme of things, I wonder if it would be possible to post information regarding home listings on google maps, where we allow people to "search" for homes based on current multiple-listing data... I'm thinking of a much easier to use version of:
www.redfin.com
I know that that would probably put way to much traffic on your site and the hosting requirements might be excessive. I'd be more than happy to host any and all databases on my wife's real estate site:
www.raincityguide.com
I could easily see where we created a dynamic XML that created a map on Google Maps with the homes for sale in a given area (maybe also recently sold or open houses?)
How hard would that be? I know a little about databasing, a little about coding, a lot about GIS, and almost nothing about XML.
Post a Comment